Thursday, July 15, 2010

37 Weeks! We Reached Our Goal!!!



I am now officially 37 weeks pregnant! I cannot believe these little guys have stayed put this long! I am so proud because when we first found out we were pregnant with twins, the doctors said try to keep them in there for 37 weeks... and it has been my goal ever since, and WE DID IT! YEAH! All my fears about premature babies have really faded away. I am confident that these little guys will not have to worry about immature lung development. As any expecting mother would, I still have a whole gamut of other issues to worry about, but their lung development is not one of them. YEAH!

So where to now… we’ll it is time for these guys to get the hell out! Just joking, but seriously my thinking has totally shifted from “Stay put” to “Okay- this has been fun little guys, but you’re killing mom’s back. So it is time.” I did the “eviction notice” yoga class last night- but nothing. The doctor yesterday told me I am still only one cm dilated, 75% effaced, and that she would see me next week. UGH! I guess I just wished too hard that they would stay put, and now they are really comfortable. Amber said they must have set-up shop inside, and they are too busy enjoying themselves in their to get out. She might have a point…
So for now- we will be busy waiting, and I have taken a new hobby- evacuation dances. It hasn’t worked yet, but I have a feeling they will get sick of being bounced around. We just can’t wait to meet them. I also noticed that they respond so well to touch. Whenever I or Joey rub my belly they kick us in response. We think it is the cutest thing, but it is probably their way of saying “Leave me alone.” Who knows…
By the way- when Joey and I hug now- it looks like we are at a dance in middle school- the babies are so big we can barely hug!

Time will tell when these little guys make thier big debut!  I have a feeling it will be on Whitney & Brandon's wedding day (which is this Saturday, July 17th).  I am sorry Whit- but if that happens I will never forget your anniversary.  I wish we could be in Philadelphia with you this weekend.  We love you!

2 comments:

  1. YAY!! I am so excited for you guys!! The picture of you hugging is priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep doing the dance! You still look so beautiful! July 25th is the next full moon - so if they are not out by then - they should arrive on that day! Or maybe they're waiting for YOUR birthday!

    ReplyDelete