Friday, July 9, 2010

36 Weeks and Ready to Pop!

I am 36 weeks along and ready to pop! We had another ultrasound on Tuesday, and got some great news. Tank is a hearty 6lbs, and Dozer is not too far behind at 5lbs 3oz. They are both still head down, and the doc was pretty confident their positioning being great for a vaginal birth. I am still only 1 cm dilated, but now I am 70% effaced. Tank’s head is so low the ultrasound tech told me he is probably going to have a cone head! Hell, if the only thing to be concerned about is Tank’s potential cone head, then I’d say we’re doing pretty well!

Joey graduated! YEAH! We are thrilled that he is done! It was actually a little weird having him around all weekend. But it was really nice! He is psyched.  Below is a picture of at dinner with Karen and Ralph celebrating Joey's success.



I, myself, have become a spectacle. Everywhere I go people just stare. The recent heat wave has really not done me any favors either. I actually had a man at Lowes stop me and say, “Ma-am, I don’t mean you any disrespect, but I sure do hope you’re having twins.” The funny part is this man had a tracheotomy hole in his throat, and he was smoking a cigarette; and I was the one getting the stares?!?! On the same day, a lady at Old Navy told me that when I walked into the store, the associates all talked to each other on their little walkie talkie radios- and said “She’s ready to pop.” I am now getting embarrassed to go out in public! I guess toting around 11lbs of baby in your belly will get you some stares!  Not too mention it makes a great shelf for Oscar to sit on!


We have our next appointment on Tuesday, so we will see what happens. Part of me is hoping I deliver before then, and the other part of me would be happy to see 37 weeks… I guess I really don’t get to decide. It is up to these two little boys. Joey just reminded me that since the beginning of the pregnancy, carrying to 37 weeks has been my goal. I can’t believe it is so close! 37 weeks would be great, however I will admit that if I am still pregnant at 38 weeks, I will have to do an evacuation dance of some sort- I don’t know about toting around 14+lbs of baby! My back aches just thinking about it!

1 comment:

  1. You are so close!! I can't wait to meet those babies and for you to start coming to play group! Please add me to your list of people to bring you a meal! :)

    ReplyDelete