Friday, June 25, 2010

34 Weeks And Counting!









I am officially 34 weeks pregnant, and feeling large! The doc said I am measuring where a singleton mom would at 41 weeks (a week overdue)… so I guess my feeling large is normal. Dozer is still kicking me in the ribs, and Tank's head is ready to go- head down- very far. He is pushing against my cervix, but I am not dilated. I think they are starting to run out of room. Also-it is weird because I get contractions and I can see their backs. Tank is to the left and Dozer to the right. I often think when they kick it looks like a foot, but who knows- I could be imagining things! They are still moving like crazy- constantly, but less big movements- more little kicks and jabs.
The great news is- the doc said that at 34 weeks, we are past all the scary premature stuff! Both babies are measuring well (about 4.5-5lbs each), and if I were to go into labor they would not take active measures to stop it. Ideally, these guys will cook for another couple of weeks (37-38 is my goal), but it was nice to hear that if they were born, it would be okay. I really can’t believe we’ve made it this far without any major hiccups. I am so lucky. I spend a lot of my day with my feet up to ensure they stay put (working from home has been a godsend).

Well I guess now- we hurry up and wait for the arrival of these little guys. I am still planning on delivering vaginally (god willing), so I have not scheduled a C-Section or anything. I should be able to go into labor like a normal expecting mother does- so we will see! Only- instead of one water breaking- I will have 2. I was told that I will push Tank out- then they will break Dozer’s water, experience more contractions, and then push him out. (Again- this is all best case scenarios). I (like an idiot) thought I would push Tank out and Dozer would kind of just come out right away after- I didn’t realize the whole labor process in between… But as long as they are safe, and healthy, I think we can do anything! I have another appointment next Thursday. So until then…

2 comments:

  1. looking great, keep it going! Great time having you guys over. Can't wait for the little twins to get here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I luv being able to see how you are doing on this blog...not as good as being there in person, of course. Miss ya!

    ReplyDelete