Sunday, May 9, 2010

27 Weeks Pregnant




I am huge! I can't believe I have 11 more weeks to go!
Each baby now weighs about 2lbs, and is about 14.5 inches long. Which means I have 4lbs, 29 inches of baby in my belly! WOW! I get another ultrasound on May 17th to check their growth. I can't wait to see them again.
On Monday night, I got a peak at them. Both of their heads are right by my left lung- which explains the pain. The doctor said they are head banging each other. When I asked if they could hurt each other, he told me no- but I can't help but worry. They still have a little room to move around, but with twins they end up running out of room a lot earlier than with a singleton pregnancy. We will see where they are next Monday.
I have been drinking tons of water to try to stay hydrated- I hear it is the best way to keep from going into preterm labor. Well to mix it up a little, I have been drinking sparkling water. The carbonation from the water gives both babies the hiccups. The other night, my stomach was going in all different directions! It was crazy. I have learned to lay off the sparkling water before bedtime. It is hard to sleep when your belly is bouncing!

2 comments:

  1. You look fantastic!!! Gorgeous mommy! We enjoyed dinner tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look great! If you are bored with water - try Starbucks shaken iced tea lemondade! So good!

    ReplyDelete