Saturday, May 15, 2010

Bread Babies, Dog Tags, Baby Bump 28 Weeks, & Building a Nursery



Wow! This has been a crazy week! On Wednesday night my co-workers surprised me with a baby shower. Everyone brought a "gag" gift. My co-work Michael made me babies out of bread with Joey's and my head! It was hysterical! Oddly enough, they felt like real babies- the bread was heavy. In order to show Joey, I seat belted them in my car and brought them home. It was definitely a sight. When Joey got home from work- he was shocked to find two "bread babies" on our dining room table. Check them out- it was such a great idea! I love their baguette hands!






One of my biggests worries with having possibly identical twins was being able to tell them apart. Well thanks to my co-workers I no longer need to worry...




Yes- they are for dogs, but hey who says they won't work for babies as well!!



My co-workers even put together photos of what our kids could possible look like... it is a little scary- so beware!




Needless to say, it was a great surprise, and all the gag gifts were so great!! I am so lucky to work with good people.




I also hit 28 weeks! Both babies have grown to be about 16-17inches and now weigh about 2lbs each. I am still feeling huge, but I know I am only going to get bigger!





Today, we started to put together the nursery furniture... well correction, Joey started putting together the nursery furniture while I supervised. Our air conditioning blew last week, and will not be repaired until next week, so poor Joey is sweating like crazy as he assembles cribs and the changing table. What a good dad! I am so lucky to have him. Here are a few shots of the "before" nursery...


Everyday I feel more and more kicks! Last night we had a prenatal class for three hours (yes it is amazing how much our Friday nights have changed), and the little buggers kicked through the entire class. The weird part was that Joey could barely sit still either- I guess they are like thier dad! We have another ultrasound on Monday. I can't wait to see them again.

No comments:

Post a Comment