Monday, December 19, 2011

Merry Christmas Baby (s)!

Well it's that time of year again- the most wonderful time of the year!  This year we were supposed to be in Pittsburgh for Christmas, but after a lot of thought and careful consideration we have decided to stay in Charlottesville.  It is really hard when you have family that lives so far away.  We will miss our friends and family in Pittsburgh so much and look forward to seeing them soon, but I think as the boys get older they will look forward to waking up Christmas morning in their own beds.  So- we are starting to make our own Christmas traditions.  One tradition that we started last year is our annual trip to see Santa Claus!  I was a bit hesitant this year because I knew the boys would cry, but to my surprise only Austin seemed to put up a fight...


If you look closely at the photo- you will see that Tyler has his horse with him.  Tyler found that horse at his mom-mom and pop-pop's house when we visited for Thanksgiving.  Out of all the many many toys mom-mom and pop-pop had for the boys to play with, Tyler kept finding the little rubber horse.  At the end of our weeks visit, he decided he was hijacking the horse.  So now he lives with us, and is rarely out of Tyler's reach.

I also enjoy this photo because as you will notice that while Austin is ready to rocket launch off Santa's lap, Tyler has made himself quite comfortable.  Yeah- his hand is behind his head- he is relaxing.   "Hey Santa- how you doing?"

In addition to starting new Christmas traditions, we were also fortunate enough to spend some time in Philadelphia with the Kantruss/Gosik side of our family.  Thanksgiving was beautiful.  The boys had a blast hanging out with their cousins, and were quite spoiled by their aunties!! 

On a hayride in Aunt Deb and Uncle Dave's lawn!

In addition, this past Thanksgiving also marked the five year anniversary of my sister Amber's SURVIVAL of her stroke and heart attack.  The actual anniversary of that dreadful day was the day before thanksgiving.  This year, we were fortunate enough to spend it with Amber and her sons.  I must admit, I got a little teary eyed as Amber and I were standing in her kitchen preparing lunch for the kids...   If you would have told me five years ago that we would be preparing lunch for our four lil munchkins, and in pretty good health, well- let's just say my response would have been "Not possible!"  But- life is full of surprises, and in our case- it was a good surprise.  I am so extremely grateful to have shared this day with my sister.  I am so extremely grateful for her health, my nephews, and my boys.  Words cannot express my pure gratitude... but this picture just about sums up how perfect that day was...

If you notice in the background it says "Believe" - funny uh?   


Well as we are trying to get preparing for the upcoming holidays, I find it hard not to get caught up in the hype... I need to remind myself to take a deep breath and cherish the moment.  I am so lucky to have such great moments... and as we move into 2012, I hope to make many more memories!

Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment