Thursday, March 3, 2011

7 Months!

I cannot believe it's already March!!!  Time truly flies when you're having fun!  The boys are now 7 months old.  They are practically driving- ha- well not really but they are eating solids, sitting up, and rolling over.  We have come so far!  The other day in Target I got behind a lady in line who had three month old twins.  She was strolling in the same wheels we use to get around- the Double Snap N' Go (thank you April for letting us borrow it), and she seemed excited to see someone with a similar method of transportation.  We exchanged a friendly "hello- how old are your twins?"  And when she told me that hers where 3 months old, I noticed the bags under her eyes... to which I smiled and said "Mine are 7 months, and yes it gets easier."  It felt like I had come full circle because I can clearly remember when the boys were 4 weeks old and I was in Target with the boys and my mom, and the lady behind us had four month old twins.  I remember shouting through the line, "Does it get easier?" and "Are you breastfeeding?"  I was so consumed with trying to master the delicate art of breastfeeding twins- it didn't even occur to me that it was maybe a little awkward for the other Target patrons to hear me scream about tandem feeding twins, and having to use a nipple guard.  This past trip to Target, I was the cool, calm, and collected momma who is still breastfeeding and not screaming about it awkwardly to other strangers (oh yeah- I have to toot my own horn every now and then-toot toot))!

Okay enough about me- the boys- they are doing fabulous.  I think 6-7months is my favorite age so far.  They are not yet mobile so we haven't encountered all those obstacles, but their not lil blobs either.  They have lil personalities, and are exploring and learning new things everyday.  Austin does this thing where he grabs my face and sucks on my chin, and I swear it is him trying to give my a kiss.  (He is probably just hungry and confusing my chin for something else-but one can pretend).  Tyler- oh my Ty- he just melts my heart with his big dimples and his chubby legs.  He gives me a smile, and I swear I crumble.  The boys now have a favorite TV show- "Clifford the Big Red Dog", and a favorite book- "Elmo, So Big".  It is not by chance that both of these lovable characters are red... I think that's their favorite color:)  Anytime they hear the Clifford theme song they stop what they are doing and watch and grin... I know they really shouldn't be watching TV this young, but- well see above about Tyler's dimples.  Man oh man- they smile and laugh- and I will give them anything they want.  (I know I need to toughen up).   This weekend the boys will celebrate their daddy's 30th birthday!  Yes Daddy is getting old:)  Happy Birthday Daddy!  Before long Spring will be here!  We are excited to dust off our jogging stroller and put it to good use!   Below are some pictures of the last few weeks.  Enjoy!

Austin was just lounging with the video camera in his lap

PITT Jackets from Aunt Cheryl Knoch- thank you!!

First Superbowl Sunday!!

The Steelers didn't win- but Daddy couldn't be upset with these two lovable lil men around!

I think he might be getting brown eyes like his daddy!

New favorite toy- the TV remotes- they are staring at the TV because they turned it on!

Austin's first baseball game!  GO ECU!  He got to see his cousin Chris play, and spend some time snuggling with Great Aunt Deb!

Austin cheesing with mom-mom!

Your limo driver awaits...

Tough guy ty... he is a true italian!

Grammy says he looks like a babydoll- I am starting to believe her!

This is my model shot!

1 comment:

  1. My goodness I miss them so much this made me so happy, and cry a little because they are growing so fast! I just want to eat their little faces, it is amazing how much they look like their parents. I love you guys!

    ReplyDelete