Wednesday, February 15, 2012

First Haircut!

Well... we did it!  We finally got the boys their first haircut!  Last week, while Mommom Kantruss was in town visiting, we took the boys to "Snip Its" a kids salon.  First, we treated them to lunch, then Target for some new toys (we needed bribing ploys), then finally to the hair salon!  I, of course, forgot my camera, but the day was saved when a dear friend that I work with showed up unexpectedly to take some pictures.... (Thank you Peter)

In order to make sure the boys sat still during the cut, I had to hold each of them.  Tyler, was pretty easy.  He was distracted by his new favorite thing, a "pop", which is Tyler code for a lollipop.  My lil man has such a sweet tooth.  He just sat and stared at himself in the mirror the entire time... giving his reflection his classic smug mug.  It was really entertaining!  Austin, on the other hand, was not as easily amused.  He wanted nothing to do with the whole experience.  He really doesn't respond well to being held against his will.  He wanted to out of the seat before we even sat down.  You see, "Snip Its" has a giant train table in the front of the salon, and all Austin wanted to do was play...  Luckily for us, the hairdresser managed to cut his long locks quickly, without sniping an ear! 

Although Austin didn't cooperate during the hair cut, he was like a new kid after.  His hair was so long, I don't think he could see very well.   Now that it is out of his eyes, it is like he is seeing the world for the first time.  When we got home, he was walking around examining each of his toys like he had never seen them before- probably because he couldn't see through his hair!   Poor kid- we waited too long to get it cut!

Below are a few pictures that my friend took...  oh and yes, I did save a lock of each of their hair!  (My lil babies are just getting to be so big)



"Who's that good looking guy in the mirror?"

"You think I am smiling, but I am about to melt..."



No comments:

Post a Comment